|8. ||James Anderson Cameron was born 18 Mar 1843, Troon, Ayrshire, SCOTLAND (son of Peter Cameron and Jane McSymon); died 28 May 1903, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA; was buried 29 May 1903. |
Shipping passenger records 1890 from London to South Africa:
There is a family Cameron group matching James Anderson's with 3 compatible family birth dates and 3 corresponding matching initails (incl a WP Cameron, likely Walter Patrick) shown leaving London for South Africa late in 1890.
(Charles Alexander however still appears on 1891 Census - see his individual page).
Ship: Doune Castle departed London 24 Nov 1890
Mr Cameron 40 Merchant (wrong age by 7 years if James Anderson)
Mrs Cameron 39 (wrong age by 5 years if Alice Haynes)
Miss Cameron 17 (correct age) [Alice Mary]
Master W P Cameron 14 (correct age) [Walter Patrick]
Master A Cameron 12 (correct age) [Arthur James Aveling]
Master K Cameron 3 (correct age) [Kenneth Malcolm]
First Name : James A.
Date Of Burial: 29 May 1903
Age In Years: Adult
Allotment Name: United
Number Of Grave: 584(C)
Surname Of Minister: Russell
Designation Of Minister: Reverend
Particulars: Purchase Full Plot
Page Number: 130
Image Name: MRC1-1903p130.08302007_P8300197.JPG
Newspaper article ref: Insolvency on London Stock Exchange 1890 (The Pall Mall Gazette 10 March 1890)
James Anderson Cameron is not shown on Peter Cameron (Father) Census for 1851 but shown on Rev Alexander's (Peter's Brother) census for 1851 as James Cameron "nephew".
As, from this generation, the only James was James Anderson, Peter's son, this must be JA. This is why we could not find him on Peters Censuses.
On file: a series of letters written by James to his father around 1876
James married Alice Haynes Aveling 3 Jul 1869, St Andrew St Marylebone, London, England. Alice (daughter of Stephen Aveling and Frances Ann Chambers) was born Dec 1845, Northampton, ENGLAND; died 13 Aug 1899, SOUTH AFRICA; was buried 15 Aug 1899. [Group Sheet]
|9. ||Alice Haynes Aveling was born Dec 1845, Northampton, ENGLAND (daughter of Stephen Aveling and Frances Ann Chambers); died 13 Aug 1899, SOUTH AFRICA; was buried 15 Aug 1899. |
- Charles Alexander Cameron was born 23 Dec 1870, Hampstead, London, ENGLAND; died 4 Mar 1914, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA; was buried 6 Mar 1914, Maitland Cemetery, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA.
- Alice Mary Cameron was born 18 Dec 1872, Hampstead, ENGLAND; died 5 Jul 1951, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA.
- Walter Patrick (C.) Cameron was born 21 Feb 1876, Hendon, Middlesex, ENGLAND; died 6 May 1901, Wynberg, (KIA Boer War).
- 4. Arthur James Aveling Cameron was born 21 Apr 1878, Hendon, Middlesex, ENGLAND; died 27 Jun 1928, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA.
- Kenneth Malcolm Cameron was born 14 Apr 1887, Willesden, Middlesex, ENGLAND; died Yes, date unknown.
|10. ||William Charles Spargo was born 7 Nov 1856, Caharrack, Gwennap, Cornwall, ENGLAND; died 1933, Que Que, Rhodesia, SOUTH AFRICA. |
William married Christina Wilhemina Michaels 21 Jan 1885, Cape Colony, SOUTH AFRICA. Christina was born 12 May 1866; died 1921, Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA. [Group Sheet]